Re: [Exim] Re: lil' exim format bug

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Hirling Endre
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: lil' exim format bug
On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 09:32:06AM +0200,
Hirling Endre <endre@???> is thought to have said:

> "Tabor J. Wells" wrote:
> >
> > Gee. The original poster did not contact the author or the mailing list
> [...]
> > all of the ways in which it is lacking and submit patches to address those
> > deficiencies.
>
> Would you please stop posting this crap? You already posted it two times.

Try reading the headers. You'll see that someone from 21cn.com
(ffcsyoulq@???) who is on bugtraq resent it to exim-users as me.

> FYI: I contacted Tamas Foldi in private and he said the author _was_
> contacted. Philip just happened to be on holiday and the reporter didn't
> wait enough before going public. I hope he'll learn from this.

Hopefully he will. However I'm not holding my breath. He still hasn't said
anything about the second bug he alluded to in the post I responded to. If
he's reported it to Philip, then great otherwise he's continuing to do
the security community a disservice by holding onto it himself

Tabor.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality