Re: [Exim] Format of spool files

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Format of spool files

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:30:17 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> The delivered addresses are listed in a tree format. Check out the
> paragraph that starts "Following the options are those addresses to
> which the message is not to be delivered." Note the "not".

Ah. I thought that related to some part of address expansion that I
don't understand. Cool, that makes sense.

> 1. Using "exim -bp" as input might be easier - that copes with split
> spools automatically for you, and lists only undelivered addresses.

This is probably smart. In the end, I probably don't save enough cycles
doing this manually for it to be worth the effort.

> 2. Just in case you were thinking of modifying the spool files (though
> you imply not):
>
> While is is highly unlikely that I'll ever change the format of spool
> files incompatibly, it would definitely be safer to use the command
> "exim -Mad" to do this job rather than trying to manipulate the spool
> files yourself.

Um, if you mean "exim -Mmd", that's what I'm doing.

Thanks, Philip.

Ciao,
Sheldon.