Re: [Exim] Checking Router

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Nitin Salvi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Checking Router

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 05:20:21 EST, Nitin Salvi wrote:

> Here's what I want to do<br>
> --&nbsp; I would like to check the message body for certain footer
> information <br>
> --&nbsp; On the check is will perform the following<br>
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If it matches the footer
> information is will forward the message to the Recipient<br>
> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If it does not match the
> information it will redirected back to the Sender.<br>

Sounds like an easy job for a system filter, although I've only just
learned how to use them myself. If you don't get better help from
someone else, try this untested system filter:

---- snip
# Exim filter
#
if error_message then finish endif

if $message_body_end contains "This message does not include any \
information that is classified as VID Confidential or VID Secret"
then
finish
else
fail
endif
---- snip

As an aside, your personal mail is hard for some of us to read with
arbitrary HTML codes in it. Even if you actually want to send HTML mail
(which you shouldn't do on most public mailing lists), your mailer
should do it properly, using appropriate MIME types.

Ciao,
Sheldon.