[Exim] Q: Smarthost and two smtp-hosts by IP?

Author: Jari M M Lammi
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Q: Smarthost and two smtp-hosts by IP?
Hello!

I know, this question is covered in exim FAQ, but still I can't get this
working properly (http://www.exim.org/FAQ.html#TOC82).

In my /etc/exim.conf (Debian potato) stands:

  smarthost:
    driver = domainlist
    transport = remote_smtp
    route_list = "* \"${if match{$header_to:}{\\.ampr.org\\$} \
                         {oh2rbi-1.ampr.org}{smtp.helsinki.fi}}\" bydns_a"

But it works like that I had written only:

  smarthost:
    route_list = "* smtp.helsinki.fi bydns_a"

So my meaning was to send all outgoing @*.ampr.org mail to the local on
air smtp-server oh2rbi-1.ampr.org and all the rest regular internet mail
to my ISP, smtp.helsinki.fi.

What happens now is that every message sent takes first quite a long
time to do anything (about 10-20 seconds) and then all all mail ends up
in my ISDN-modem. And never in the amateur radio TNC, unlike all the
other 44.n.n.n-traffic which works fine.

Any help would be appreciated,
Jari Lammi, OH2LNA