Re: [Exim] Process failed while writing...

Author: Oliver Cook
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Process failed while writing...
On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 04:42:35PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Oliver Cook wrote:
>
> > This log excerpt came to my attention this
> > morning (line-wrapped):
> >
> > 2001-06-12 20:00:26 159tOr-0000sa-00 Process
> > failed (1) when writing error message to
> > user@??? (frozen)
>
> The child is another instance of Exim, called to receive the error
> message. Exim returns 1 when there's a problem in receiving the message
> - pretty unusual when its being called by itself, because it usually
> knows how to talk to itself. :-)

:)

> Is there anything on the Exim log (main
> or panic) that gives any clue to this?

Nothing in the surrounding main log entries suggests anything is
unhappy. There's nothing in panic.log at all and nothing was syslogged
that might indicate a problem with running out of resources.

All I've got to go in is that one solitary log line! ;)

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065