[Exim] Process failed while writing...

Author: Oliver Cook
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Process failed while writing...
This log excerpt came to my attention this
morning (line-wrapped):

2001-06-12 20:00:26 159tOr-0000sa-00 Process
failed (1) when writing error message to
user@??? (frozen)

[address rewritten]

A quick look at the code reveals that child_close
is returning one, causing the mail to get frozen
because:

there was some disaster in setting up the error
message

A glance at child.c didn't really help me in
seeing why child_close returned one. The comment
at the top of the function says:

  Returns: >= 0    process terminated by exiting;
                   value is process ending status

... but I can't work out what would cause the
child to exit with status one. I can see where
the child is created (deliver.c:5190) but not
where that child exits.

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this?

Cheers,

Ollie

P.S.

The message was successfully dealt with when
manually thawed.

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065