Re: [Exim] exim process and database size problems (exim 3.1…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Oliver Cook
A: Rob Butterworth
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim process and database size problems (exim 3.12-10)
On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 11:23:42AM +0100, Rob Butterworth wrote:
> We're running exim 3.12-10 on Debian 2.2 with a 2.4 Linux kernel and xfs
> file systems, and on one of our servers we're seeing some serious problems
> with exim.

What (if any) are the differences between the systems that exhibit this problem
with huge retry databases, and the ones that don't?

> The more serious problem is that the exim processes sometimes grow so large
> that the system runs out of both physical and virtual memory. This may
> correspond with the size of the database files in /var/spool/exim/db
> getting *huge* - at one point the retry database was 5GB in size (which
> wouldn't have been possible on an ext2fs partition....)

Our retry database is rarely larger than about 80MB on our relay servers. I
guess something must be quite seriously badly wrong for it to grow to 5GB.

Ollie
--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065