Re: [Exim] Migration

Góra strony
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
Dla: Derrick MacPherson
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Migration
On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Derrick MacPherson wrote:

> Any advice or warnings that you people can think of and fire my way would
> be greatly appreciated...

well, did a couple of that, and the best way so far had proven to be a
big sheet of paper, a pencil and a cup of coffee.

once you understand what the sendmail system does, write it down, and
start building an exim cfg from scratch ( == don't for heaven't sake
try to think sendmail when doing that or you'll be lost). don't look
at _how_ sendmail solved a particular task. you're given a task and you
need to do it with exim, so you'll do it with exim. from that point,
sendmail doesn't exist for you anymore.

hm, on a second glance this looks like propaganda talk :), but hey,
this is my advice and you asked for it :>. ymmv. think, take the time,
and you'll be alright.

--
[-]
"`rendes' `thread library' `unix' - ezeknek nincs kozos gyokuk" -- redax