RE: [Exim] Migration

Góra strony
Autor: Derrick MacPherson
Dla: exim-users
Temat: RE: [Exim] Migration
> > I am migrating off a Linux (cobalt using sendmail - double
> yuck) to a
> > penguin Linus box (RH7)running Exim. The cobalt hosts mail
> and DNS for
> > a number of domains,
>
> Not enough information. Virtual domains is a concept that
> has no definition; therefore, the statement above is almost
> meaningless. It doesn't mean that if you define it better, I
> will help you, but be aware that virtual domains mean
> different things to different people.

We have about 10 domains here, about 4 or 5 are active with mail, some are
just for websites, but any accounts that have been created on the Cobalt
for other daomins is just then forwarded to our primary domain (our
primary is @cbcr3.com). This is done through a series of symbolic links,
aliases, and virtusertable. My thoughts are that using Exim, I would just
either have the domains be dropped/ignored (derrick@??? and
derrick@??? end up in /var/spool/mail/derrick) OR just create
lookup tables/files (/usr/exim/domains/120seconds.com/users or something
to restrict the incoming mail to just those with allowed, and to have
multiple addresses for different domains, i.e. info@??? and
info@???) and have an alias to the allowed accounts to the
@cbcr3.com accounts. Any thoughts from people on the list?

> Take the Exim manual, try to grasp the Exim way of doing
> things, post general phylosophical questions (such as "What
> is the One True Exim Way to implement this abomination?")
> when you have any, and may Philip be with you.

I have used Exim for about 4 years now, fairly simple configs on a few
servers, so I am fairly familiar with basic functionality.. I will
probably have a question or two for the list; this list rocks as there is
a great number of knowledgeable and HELPFUL people, which is rare these
days. :)

Thanks Vadim.