Re: [Exim] AUTH=LOGIN, authenticating to a smarthost

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: S. Joel Bernstein
Para: Niccolo Rigacci
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] AUTH=LOGIN, authenticating to a smarthost
Well call me inquisitive, but i wanted to find out what the mailserver at
telecomitalia.it did when i opened an smtp session to it...

cerberus:~# host -t mx telecomitalia.it
telecomitalia.it        MX      10 smtp.csi.telecomitalia.it

so I open the smtp connection:

cerberus:~# telnet smtp.csi.telecomitalia.it smtp
Trying 212.210.43.240...
Connected to smtp.csi.telecomitalia.it.
Escape character is '^]'.
220-InterScan Version 3.5-Build_SOL_1059 $Date: 07/03/2000 00:56:0029$:
Ready
220 smtpin01 ESMTP Exim 3.22 #2 Fri, 01 Jun 2001 13:54:25 +0200
quit
221 smtpin01 closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

and whoa-mama, they're running exim...
can you use that as your smarthost? could solve all your problems :)

if not, what smtp server do you have to use?

Joel