Re: [Exim] exim listening on 2 smtp ports

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim listening on 2 smtp ports
At 16:56 -0400 5/23/01, Porkchop wrote:
>Coulden't find anything about this in the FAQ or archives, so...
>
>How might it be possible to make exim listen on two ports (say, 25
>and 25000) for SMTP?
>-M

We (now) build two different instances of Exim for this task, but that in
part is because we want them to behave differently (different baked-in
values AND exim.conf values). We run one daemon from each instance.

We first tried doing the second one using a -C in the command line which
starts the daemon. That failed rather miserably on a mailing list machine
where the mailing list is operated by the 'second' instance: it was
passing off stuff to the first instance and the coordination wasn't there.
A few (hundred) multiple deliveries later I decided that was a bad idea (no
one got more than 5 copies, to the best of my knowledge, and fortunately
the list gets one message per week).

Sorry for the delay...I'm in catchup mode again.

--John (hamburgers not included)