Re: [Exim] large-ish mailing list

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: mark david mcCreary
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] large-ish mailing list
>Hi,
>
>we have a (not spam) mailing list which can be around 100k addresses
>and have some problems with delay before exim starts deliveries.
>

>It appears that exim does all the routing for all the addresses
>serially - since there is only one message(?) - which can take hours .

Jonnie

I think the long delay for large mailing lists in Exim is inherent
from the original design, when mailing lists were not anticipated.

THere is no lever to get it to route simultaneously, like there is
for the parallel delivery process.

And the delay is not really consumed in the DNS portion of looking
things up, since I have tried several workarounds that eliminate DNS
from the equation.

My understanding is that the only solution is to call exim with lists
of around 1,000 addresses each. That is, bust up your list of
100,000 into smaller lists of 1,000 in some form or fashion. Perhaps
by calling exim with a 1,000 addresses each time, instead of using
the aliasfile feature.

If you figure out a better solution, please let me know.

mark

--

mark david mcCreary
Internet Tools, Inc.              1302 Waugh Drive #438