Re: [Exim] Files left in /var/spool/exim/input

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Simon Huggins
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Files left in /var/spool/exim/input
On Tue, 22 May 2001, Simon Huggins wrote:

> On a machine of ours we have files left in /var/spool/exim/input dating
> from last week sometime which don't show up in mailq.
>
> They all end in -D and there are no corresponding -H files (except for
> the few valid messages still on the queue that just haven't been
> delivered yet).

D without H is an incomplete message. This could happen if, as a message
was arriving, its D file got written and then the system crashed. (Or
Exim crashed - but of course that would *never* happen. :-) I have a
note to investigate a way of bringing such wreckage to the admin's
attention. Meanwhile, if these are old files, the only thing you can
really do is just rm them.

> All the files in that directory have permissions:
> -rw-------    1 mail     mail
> And the -H seem to contain valid messages there were indeed sent out
> last week (possibly the frozen messages I deleted with -Mrm but that
> should delete the files right?)

Er, I thought you said they were all -D files?

-Mrm should remove both the -H and the -D file.