[Exim-Announce] System filter updates & Exim course

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-announce
Subject: [Exim-Announce] System filter updates & Exim course
I have made some changes to the Generic Windows Executable Content
filter to split up the regexp and therefore make it work on versions of
exim prior to 3.20. This is done purely to cut down on the number of
"I ran it and get this error message" queries I have received, and it
will actually decrease its efficiency (I think - actually there is a
chance the simpler regexps with fewer alternatives will run quicker).

The filter is available from the usual places:-
    http://www.exim.org/system_filter.exim
    ftp://ftp.exim.org/pub/filter/system_filter.exim

The current version is 0.13, its MD5 hash is:-
2e268fbd7477aaf0ba4b1eada1f59448 system_filter.exim

Please let me know if there are any functionality problems following
this change.

Cambridge is running another Introductory Exim Workshop, which is now
linked from the exim.org front page. Alternatively visit
http://www-tus.csx.cam.ac.uk/courses/exim/

    Nigel.