Re: [Exim] system_aliases

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Nic LAWRENCE
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] system_aliases
On Fri, 11 May 2001, Nic LAWRENCE wrote:

> Sorry if I'm asking a no-brainer, but I've completely failed to understand
> what to do from reading the documentation. My question is this:

Thank you for doing all the right things before asking - i.e. running a
test with -d9 and supplying enough information about the problem. The
situation is clear enough:

> directing majordomo@???
> calling system_aliases director
> df_lookup entered: search type = dbm
> system_aliases director: dbm* key=majordomo@???
> file="/usr/exim/virtmap.db"
> search_open: dbm "/usr/exim/virtmap.db"
> search_find: file="/usr/exim/virtmap.db"
> key="majordomo@???" partial=3071
> LRU list:
> 1/usr/exim/virtmap.db
> 1/usr/exim/local_domains.db
> End
> internal_search_find: file="/usr/exim/virtmap.db"
> type=dbm key="majordomo@???"

Since the key is "majordomo@???", I deduce that you have set
include_domain on the system_aliases director. That lookup generates

> address majordomo_site45@???

Then, when you come to direct that:

> directing majordomo_site45@???
> calling system_aliases director
> df_lookup entered: search type = dbm
> system_aliases director: dbm* key=majordomo_site45@???
> file="/usr/exim/virtmap.db"
> search_open: dbm "/usr/exim/virtmap.db"
> cached open
> search_find: file="/usr/exim/virtmap.db"
> key="majordomo_site45@???" partial=3071
> LRU list:
> 1/usr/exim/virtmap.db
> 1/usr/exim/local_domains.db
> End
> internal_search_find: file="/usr/exim/virtmap.db"
> type=dbm key="majordomo_site45@???"

... you again get the full address as the key ...

> file lookup required for majordomo_site45@???
> in /usr/exim/virtmap.db
> lookup failed

... but it can't find it. That's because:

2. majordomo_site45  -> "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper -v site45 -f www.tfb.net  majordomo"
   as per virtmap.db>   majordomo_site45: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper -v site45 -f www.tfb.net  majordomo"
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Your mapping file doesn't have the domain in the key. Note the
difference from

1. majordomo@??? -> majordomo_site45
   as per virtmap.db>   majordomo@???: majordomo_site45
                                 ^^^^^^^^^
                                 ^^^^^^^^^
where you have included the "@tfb.net" in the key.

There are two ways you can solve this:

(a) Include the domain in the key in the virtmap.db file.

(b) Add a second aliasfile director that is identical in configuration,
but does not have include_domain set. This of course will not be as
efficient, because it will do two lookups instead of one.