Re: [Exim] problems delivering to outside networks .....

Autor: Yann Golanski
A: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: Dave Price, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] problems delivering to outside networks .....
On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 10:12:54AM +0200, Tamas TEVESZ quothed:
> > we can deliver to our own net ... but we get reject (host) messages when
> > our users try to send outside the LAN ... what causes this, and how do i
> > stop it?
>
> this really has to be a serious configuration problem with your
> system. not even the log excerpt and the apprioriate configuration
> snippets and the brief situation/setup explanation you most certainly
> have included in your message got through...
> <g>

... and I though I was the BOFH... *grin*

Okay, one more time, we say this again:

$ mozilla www.exim.org &
[...]
$ exim -d 9 -bt bar@???
[...]
$ exim -d 9 -bh 1.2.3.4
[...]

Phil/Nigel, is there a chance to add this three lines to the FAQ (no,
don't tell me it's already there!) and the list welcome message?
Something like:

Q: Why doesn't Exim work?
A: See above three commands and work it out.

--