Re: [Exim] Question about POP boxes

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andrew D
Para: Tim AtLee, Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Question about POP boxes
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2001 12:22 AM
Subject: [Exim] Question about POP boxes

G'Day,

> I was looking to add a few POP boxes to my system, so I figured that
> adding a user to the system without a home directory and with no shell
> would serve the purpose just fine.
>
> After some tinkering, I discovered that the user needs a home directory,
> even though mail is being delivered to /var/spool/mail/${local_part}.
>
> Why is this? If mail is being delivered to the above directory, it
> shouldn't need a home directory for the user.. or is this just some weird
> configuration error on my part? :-)

yes but if forward files are used etc etc there are several reasons. RTFM
if you don't need the home dir features
then change your localuser director to look like this and no home dir
required :)

localuser:
home_directory = "/var/spool/mail"
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

HTH
cya
Andrew

--
If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.