Re: [Exim] Question about POP boxes

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tony Crawford
Para: Tim AtLee
CC: Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Question about POP boxes
Tim AtLee wrote (on 7 May 2001, at 8:52):

> After some tinkering, I discovered that the user needs a home directory,
> even though mail is being delivered to /var/spool/mail/${local_part}.
>
> Why is this? If mail is being delivered to the above directory, it
> shouldn't need a home directory for the user.. or is this just some weird
> configuration error on my part? :-)
>
> I'm using Debian Unstable, 2.2.18 kernel.

With Debian stable's exim pretty much out of the box, and
running exim -d9 -bS for a homeless user, I see it gets to the
forward-file director and then defers delivery--sets a retry
record--because it can't stat /home/<user>. Removing the forward-
file director might help. Otherwise I guess exim will deliver
the mail if the user gets a /home/ in the near future.

T.

-- Tony Crawford
-- tc@???
-- +49-3341-30 99 99