Re: [Exim] FAQ up-to-date WRT scaling?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: michael
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] FAQ up-to-date WRT scaling?
> I'd like to know whether there are more modern statistics in answer to
> FAQ0702:

I run a distributed system. The peak last week (30 minute average) was
at 484 mails per minute on an MX. That's not the most the system can do,
but there weren't more mails. :) The machine in question is a single
CPU PIII 800 MHz PC with 512 MB RAM and four local SCSI disks.

There is one thing to watch with concern to RAIDs: Make sure that your
FS block group size is not a multiple of disk*stripe size. Make it a
slice less or more, so that block groups do not all start at the same
disk.

> The reason I opted for Exim was that it has outstanding log files that
> are easy (for me) to use to trace deliveries and failures, and also
> easy to turn into useful management reports. The system I'm replacing
> developed a culture of questioning the local mail server before checking
> ANYTHING else. So the mail system needs to "prove its innocence" often.

Yes, the logs are great. That's something I really hate qmail for.

Michael