[Exim] Exim performance on large mail systems

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: EXIMUsers
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Exim performance on large mail systems
One of our dedicated exim mail servers, a dual cpu sun box with 1GB ram,
currently sends about 10GB a day outbound. Recently this machine has peaked
at over 800 exim processes, pushing free memory down to about 15MB.
Are there any particular configuration changes that can help with
performance on exim systems pushing a lot of mail and starting up a lot of
proccesses? I was considering just setting queue_only, launching exim with
"-bd -q1m" and then limiting the number of processes with queue_run_max..
Are there any possible problems I should be aware of with this solution, or
does anyone else with similar usage levels have any tricks they can pass on
for optimizing the mail delivery process?

Thanks,
Jon