Re: [Exim] Getting going on Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Oliver Cook
A: Jesse Thompson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Getting going on Exim
On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 05:39:27PM -0700, Jesse Thompson wrote:

> MySQL users, Maildir boxes, IMAP access on Linux, with the options of a
> working install of Courier-IMAP and postfix if they can be reused.

For MySQL, make sure you compile Exim with MySQL support otherwise
you'll be fighting a loosing battle from the start. Set up a user
with read only access to the MySQL database that contains your
usernames and passwords and configure Exim with lines not totally
dissimilar from:

mysql_servers = "servername::3306/database/user/password"

Then in your director have a line a bit like:

local_parts = ${lookup mysql {SELECT username FROM table WHERE login='${quote_mysql:$local_part}';}{$value}}

For Maildir format just use maildir_format in the relevant transport
(see http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.20/doc/html/spec_15.html#SEC445)

Again you need to compile in support for Maildir with the
MAILDIR_SUPPORT macro in /path/exim/Local/Makefile. Also
worth reading is http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.20/doc/html/spec_15.html#SEC471

As for IMAP, that's nothing to do with Exim really.

I hope that's of some use. Your best bet really is to read
the Exim specification; I know you probably all documented-out
by now, but it really is worth it. You will certainly need
to anyway, as the snippets above won't be much use to you
if you don't! :)

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???      020 7903 3000 ext. 291