[Exim] Getting going on Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jesse Thompson
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Getting going on Exim
Hey there folks, how are you doing? :)

We have just spent all week getting exhausted over trying to put together a
mail server, transitioning from Imail on Windows 2000 to Linux and
opensource software. We can (and want to) convert all of our mailboxes to
Maildir++ format, and we want to connect via IMAP and authenticate our
(non-unix-) users off of our mySQL database. Unfortunately this combination
of needs proves all but insane in the world of open source MTA.. :(

We started out trying courier-mta, but it proved flaky rather rapidly.. so
we tried courier-imap and it was not flaky. We combined that with postfix,
alright so far, but that left us minus a mail delivery agent, and there
aren't any (that we know of) that auth on mysql. They all want LDAP or
/etc/passwd.

So now we want to try out exim, but it has been a long journey and we're
weary of looking up how everything is done, so could anyone suggest how to
best use Exim to meet our needs?

MySQL users, Maildir boxes, IMAP access on Linux, with the options of a
working install of Courier-IMAP and postfix if they can be reused.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This has been very burdensome, and we
all just wanna go home now :(

10x

- - Jesse Thompson