Re: [Exim] Frozen messages

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Frozen messages
Dr Andrew C Aitchison rearranged electrons thusly:
> On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Oliver Cook wrote:
> > You certainly don't want to just discard frozen messages
> > without looking at them to see _WHY_ they were frozen!

> In the case above I disagree.
> This happens sufficiently often with spam mail which couldn't
> be delivered that I don't want to look at each one. It isn't always

In which case, mailq would show you all you want (and maybe a copy grabbed from
your spool would tell you even more, if you want to send a lart that-a-way).

AFAICT, the worst offender for frozen messages (at least in my machines, four
of which are the SMS gateways for one of India's largest mobile phone networks)
is idiots who send us too-large messages which later bounce (the actual
delivery is done later, after the message is accepted by the MTA, so we have to
accept everything). However, the sending MTA (usually brokenware like IMail on
NT) refuses to accept mail from:<>

    -s
--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org