Re: [Exim] Does exim support any/all of there functions ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Garry Glendown, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Does exim support any/all of there functions ?
On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> > - limiting maximum outgoing and incoming mail sizes seperately
>
> Not well. You can set an overall size limit, and a limit on each
> transport which could do what you want, although I am unsure when the
> transport limits kick in (ie I think they may well cause a message to
> bounce from within exim, rather than preventing original receipt by
> SMTP.

That's right. The transport limit won't kick in till it tries to deliver
a message.

> > - limiting sizes based on the recipients' groups (where and however it
> > might be defined - doesn't need to be the GID)
>
> You could sort of do this using either a system filter or a smartuser
> director with a set of conditional lookups and a fail if
> appropriate.... its going to be a mess.

It would have to be a per-user filter, not a system filter.

> > - limiting sizes based on the recipients

A smartuser director could do this for local recipients and you could
probably cobble up something for remote recipients (will be easier in
Exim 4). But you can't bounce on size at SMTP time - the receiving MTA
does not know the size at that point (although it may have received SIZE
on the MAIL command, that could be a lie).

> > - limiting relaying based on local sender or the sender's group
> > (that is, allowing internet mail access for some, while denying it for
> > others)
>
> same as above

This will be easier in Exim 4.