Re: [Exim] Mail storage formats/ POP/IMAP/webmail daemon/etc…

Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Dave C.
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mail storage formats/ POP/IMAP/webmail daemon/etc..
On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Dave C. wrote:

> Well, while C-client supports what I beleive it calls 'black box' mode,
> (where it reads new messages out of a standard mbox
> /var/spool/mail/user, and moves them into, for instance, a tenex-format
> mail.txt in a user home dir, for some formats, it does not appear to
> offer any way to do that for MBX format

It is now replaced tenex with mbx (the only difference between the two
is that mbx user CR-LF while tenex uses LF, so mbx data is faster to send
over TCP since no conversion is needed).

> - so the only way to use MBX format is to deliver directly to that
> format. I am not aware of any MTA (or 'deliver'-like utility) that
> uses C-client to make deliveries into MBX format.

tmail. Look at the imap tools in the same place that you get uw-imap.

Look for imap-utils.tar.Z

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg