Re: [Exim] Exim 3.22 - SMTP SSL stopped working

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ilya
Cc: Exim users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 3.22 - SMTP SSL stopped working
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Ilya wrote:

> Hi. I just upgraded my Exim 3.21 to 3.22, everything stayed the smae in
> config file, but now when I submit mail from my lan to Exim using
> Authentication and SSL I get an error from OE
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.

<snip>

> Running PAM authentication for user "ilya"
> child 24045 ended: status=0xb

Oh dear. That indicates that Exim crashed while doing PAM
authentication. The next debugging line should have been "PAM success"
or "PAM error".

This bit of code has not changed between 3.21 and 3.22. It is only a few
lines long, and calls various PAM functions. It may be that the crash is
happening inside the PAM functions, or it may be that they are returning
some value that is confusing Exim.

The only way to narrow this down would be to add more debugging calls to
the code in src/auths/call_pam.c to find out exactly where the crash is
happening. Then we can decide who is to blame...