Re: [Exim] Courier-IMAP and Maildir++ quotas

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andreas M. Kirchwitz
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Courier-IMAP and Maildir++ quotas
Peter Galbavy wrote:

>> src/transports/appendfile.c doesn't look like there's any
>> support for Maildir++ quotas (maildirsize) in Exim. And it's,
>> well, uh... not very "modular". ;-)
>>
>> Maybe there's already a patch for support of Maildir++ quotas?
>>
>> Or anyone found a way in the configuration file to parse
>> the "maildirsize" file and set "quota" for that transport
>> accordingly?
>
> See http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.20/doc/html/spec_toc.html#TOC471 for
> maildir++ support and quotas.

It just says that it supports the "maildirfolder" file (for support
of sub-folders), but no word on the "maildirsize" file (for support
of quotas).

So, the question is still unanswered if anyone patched Exim for native
support of Maildir++ quotas (maildirsize) or setting the "quota"
setting accordingly (by parsing the maildirsize file... I've tried
myself, but haven't found a way to get the needed information out
of this file).

Someone suggested to use an external program (which supports maildir++
quotas) for the final delivery of the message. Courier/Courier-IMAP
come with such programs. But that costs a lot of performance compared
to "built-in" delivery (like Exim does by default).

    Greetings, Andreas