Re: [Exim] Quick Start guide?

Autor: Dominique L Bouix
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Quick Start guide?
Please excuse me for the excessive quoting, however this thread was burried
a week ago so just to remind people..

On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 09:22:26AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Dominique L Bouix wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to get my fiancee to draw up something nice for the shirt.
> > I doubt ORA copyright the animals, correct? Maybe I'll have her draw an
> > animal like that.
>
> Some are copyright, I think (see below).
>
> > In all of the O'Reilly colophons which I've read, if the illustration
> > was a creature, then it has been from a zoological reference, licensed
> > for use by O'Reilly.
>
> The 2001 O'Reilly calendar has the story of their animals. The first
> ones were taken from a copyright-free collection. However, it says "Now
> an increasing number of the animal images are drawn by hand." This
> suggests that O'Reilly will have the copyright of the newer ones.

I've contacted O'Reilly about this, and apparently they have the combination
of the aye-aye monkey and the word "Exim" trademarked. The person with whom
I was in contact didn't seem to mind the idea of the t-shirt. Hopefully
we'll have some material ready for next week :>

//d

--
Dominique L. Bouix  (d@???)            (d@???)
http://tonnikala.net/ - UNIX & IT-uutiset, sarjis, drinkit ja viinit