Re: [Exim] Quick Start guide?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Quick Start guide?
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Dave C. wrote:

> Its a marmoset/tamarin monkey. Where's my T-shirt?

Nope, 'fraid not.

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Dominique L Bouix wrote:

> I've been trying to get my fiancee to draw up something nice for the shirt.
> I doubt ORA copyright the animals, correct? Maybe I'll have her draw an
> animal like that.

Some are copyright, I think (see below).

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> > I don't know what it is, but from the claws, I'd say it lives in trees and
> > probably hunts insects and grubs (more wild guess from its snout and

True.

> A flying fox (or a foxbat)?

Nope.

> > ears). But I can't even decide whether that thing is a primate (lemur of
> > some sort) or a rodant.

Ah, getting warmer there.

> Rodent I think

Nope, but in the 19th century this animal was mistakenly classified as
a rodent.

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Phil Pennock wrote:

> In all of the O'Reilly colophons which I've read, if the illustration
> was a creature, then it has been from a zoological reference, licensed
> for use by O'Reilly.

The 2001 O'Reilly calendar has the story of their animals. The first
ones were taken from a copyright-free collection. However, it says "Now
an increasing number of the animal images are drawn by hand." This
suggests that O'Reilly will have the copyright of the newer ones.