Re: [Exim] Slightly OT DNS<->MTA problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andrew D
A: Sascha E. Pollok, Dave C.
Cc: exim-users, sv
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Slightly OT DNS<->MTA problem
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Exim] Slightly OT DNS<->MTA problem

> > The thing to do is inform your customer that their website is
> > "www.customer.com", and not "customer.com", becuase website hostnames
> > have to have an actual host name and not just a domain. If their ad
> > people put "customer.com" in their billboards/etc, then that is a
> > mistake on the ad people.

y? a host name just points to a machine so what does it matter what
url/fqdn it takes to get to that machine whether it be customer.com or
www.customer.com or even website.customer.com

just wondering

> 2nd, having the domain name as host is not a great thing to do but
> more and more customers are requesting that.

That they are as well as for secondary/backup mailservers

certainly over here in oz anyway.
cya
Andrew

--
I believe that everyone is entitled to my opinion.