Re: [Exim] SMTP Coversation delay

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Shane Machon
CC: Sebastien Lahtinen, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP Coversation delay
On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 11:04:54AM +1000, Shane Machon wrote:
> I am also having this problem. I have also tried similar things to
> restore this issue. Strangely, nothing has been changed on the system
> and I seem to have exactly the same problem since the weekend, possible
> daylight savings changing issues???!!
>
> Any assistance to this would be appreciated.

How long have you been systems administrators or have used Unix?
No, don't answer that it will depress me.

If you had bothered reading the fucking manual (RTFM) you would know of
two simple, yet very powerfull tools to test your Exim configuration.
one of them is called "-d 9", it outputs all debugging information to
stderr. Now, there is an idea. Run exim on port 2001 with the following
port 2001 and present Exim with a message. Exim will then start
printing debugging and when it stops you will know at which point, and
can fix it. If that doesn't work, try using strace.

My bet is on DNS response timing out... At least that's what my instinct
tells me.

--
                         www.kierun.org
Yann@???                                Use Pretty Good Privacy.