Re: [Exim] about SMTP callback

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc MERLIN
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: David Saez Padros, exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: [Exim] Suggestions for new version
Asunto: Re: [Exim] about SMTP callback
On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 12:11:43PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> Earlier today, I wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, David Saez Padros wrote:
> >
> > > - option to accepts messages when callback verify times out instead
> > > of rejecting it, some mailers do not retry and fail to send the
> > > message
> >
> > Noted.
>
> I should have added two things:
>
> (1) Exim currently gives a 4xx response if the callback times out. If other
> MTAs do not retry after this response, that is their problem, not mine.
> (In Exim 4, the response will be after the first RCPT; perhaps they will
> behave better on that.)

Agreed.
My only wishes would be that exim give much more accurate error messages,
like "Your mail server refuses "MAIL FROM: <>", fix it" or "Cannot verify
address@??? with your mail server because the connection timed out/no
one is listening on port 25 on the MX/A record"

As a side note, I've written:
http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/nullenvelope.txt

Feel free to re-use and/or suggest improvments.

My only thing about sender-callback is that if we document it too much,
spammers will eventually bother to setup a domain that has a 20 line shell
script that accepts the callback and says ok to any RCPT TO :-(

Marc

Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/ | Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key