Re: [Exim] RBL DUL and SMTP AUTH

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Lee Maguire
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] RBL DUL and SMTP AUTH
On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Lee Maguire wrote:

> I have found a mailing-list message[1] from August 2000 indicating there
> was no way to turn off RBL checking for authenticated hosts.
>
> Is this still the case?

Yes. In Exim 3, the RBL checks happen as soon as a connection occurs,
before any interaction takes place. Therefore, there is no knowledge of
AUTH at the time.

In Exim 4, all the checking happens at the time of the RCPT command,
and so what you want to do will be possible. However, it will be many
months before Exim 4 is released (and some more before it is stable :-).