Re: [Exim] BSMTP forcing delivery

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Oliver Cook
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] BSMTP forcing delivery
On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 03:25:25PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Oliver Cook wrote:
>
> > Forgive me, but doesn't -M take a list of message IDs? I don't have any!
> > I've got some messages in a batch SMTP file and want to deliver them
> > immediately an ETRN is received.
>
> Ah, so *that's* what you meant by "deliver by BSMTP". There isn't a way
> of doing this straightforwardly. But why is there a retry time set if
> the messages for the domain have been stored in a file?

... one of the routers in C037 tries delivery for the first half hour... I
nuked that though :)

> One thing you
> could of course do would be to set up a retry rule for the domain with a
> very short retry time.

I took it down to a second as a stop gap but wondered if there as a command
line option.

> There *could* be some new -odsomething option that said "ignore retry
> times when doing immediate delivery of messages accepted by this run of
> Exim" - I suppose it might have other uses. I've noted the idea. (For a
> single, manually submitted message, you can use -odq and -M, but this
> isn't much good for -bS.)

... it would be useful :) Although by nuking that second router from C037 it
doesn't affect me any more.

Thanks for your time,

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???      020 7903 3000 ext. 291