Re: [Exim] BSMTP forcing delivery

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Oliver Cook
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] BSMTP forcing delivery
On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Oliver Cook wrote:

> Forgive me, but doesn't -M take a list of message IDs? I don't have any!
> I've got some messages in a batch SMTP file and want to deliver them
> immediately an ETRN is received.

Ah, so *that's* what you meant by "deliver by BSMTP". There isn't a way
of doing this straightforwardly. But why is there a retry time set if
the messages for the domain have been stored in a file? One thing you
could of course do would be to set up a retry rule for the domain with a
very short retry time.

There *could* be some new -odsomething option that said "ignore retry
times when doing immediate delivery of messages accepted by this run of
Exim" - I suppose it might have other uses. I've noted the idea. (For a
single, manually submitted message, you can use -odq and -M, but this
isn't much good for -bS.)