Re: [Exim] Relaying from non-local hosts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Bayliss
A: Martin Smith
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: [Exim] Access denied error and retries
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Relaying from non-local hosts
> Hi,
>
> I'm sure this is something that should be easy to do, but buggered if I can
> figure out how to do it (it's Friday here - that's my excuse and
> I'm sticking to it).
>
> We currently have a setup where exim relays mail for hosts local to our
> domain, and denies anyone else. We are increasingly finding that users with
> home connections are wanting to be able to send mail from our server, but
> exim is restricting the relaying from outside.
>
> The problem is that the users are coming in on dynamically assigned IP
> addresses from various ISPS. We need to allow relaying from any host (eek i
> hear you say) but only if they authenticate with a valid username and
> password [preferably from the /etc/hosts file].
>
> Any suggestions as to how to go about this would be greatly appreciated

It would be better to tell them to use their ISP's mail relay for
outgoing email from home. In some cases, the users don't need to know
as some ISPs kindly route all SMTP traffic through their servers
anyway.

Chris Bayliss
IS ICSD PT
The Universiy of Birmingham