Re: [Exim] Two questions (solved ?)

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Yann Golanski
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Robert Gomulka
Kopio: Dave C., Robert Gomulka, Exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Two questions (solved ?)
On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 07:49:58PM +0100, Robert Gomulka wrote:
> Hello !
> I think I solved my one problem:
> a piece of my config:
> sender_address_relay="*@lsearch;/etc/exim/aliases/domains"
> local_domains=/etc/exim/aliases/domains
> host_accept_relay="*"

No you haven't! This makes you an open relay, and liable to get abused
by every spammers on earth. Please don't do that.

> I cannot base my relay-check on IP or hostnames, because my company provides
> mail for many people.

Not an excuse for an open relay. SMTP AUTH will solve this problem.

> In the future I plan to implement SMTP AUTH command - is it hard to configure
> in exim?

Very simple. RTFM.

> But the second question is open:
> Wildcard MX for my domain
> Subdomains listed in file (for example /etc/exim/aliases/domains)
> How to customize exim to accept mail for listed subdomains, but refuse with
> kind message for other?
> Robert

It the domain is either local, or allowed to relay, Exim will accept it.

--
                         www.kierun.org
Yann@???                                Use Pretty Good Privacy.