Re: [Exim] Two questions (solved ?)

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Peter Radcliffe
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Two questions (solved ?)
Robert Gomulka <r@???> probably said:
> sender_address_relay="*@lsearch;/etc/exim/aliases/domains"
> host_accept_relay="*"
>
> I cannot base my relay-check on IP or hostnames, because my company provides
> mail for many people.

Either of these is a very good way to shoot yourself in the foot.

You'll quickly get spammed through, reported to the Relay Spam Stopper
list and ORBS, flooded with complaints and your outgoing mail blocked
by a fair proportion of the net. Not very useful for your customers.

You really don't want to do that. Every ISP should provide an
outgoing SMTP server for their customers to use.

> In the future I plan to implement SMTP AUTH command - is it hard to
> configure in exim?

Yes, it's very easy and the correct solution to this problem. Setting
up the TLS/SSL security stuff at the same time is also a good idea, so
passwords don't go over the net in plain text.

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???