RE: [Exim] problem with non printable characters and the vac…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bernard Stern
A: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] problem with non printable characters and the vacation responder
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:26:00 -0800 Marc MERLIN wrote:

(...)

> Mmmh, you are right, the vacation message does contain ^M's
> But in this case, why is the error message that the expansion of "Re:
> $h_subject (autoreply)" failed?
> Doesn't this indicate that $h_subject contains a non printable character and
> not the body of .vacation.msg?

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2001 at 12:10:55PM -0800, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
>> [mailed and posted]
>>
>> On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>>
>> > Mail to one of our users is bouncing with:
>> >
>> > Expansion of "Re: $h_subject (autoreply)" in vacation_reply transport contains non-printing character 10

This strikes a memory...

>> I don't know if this is related, but shouldn't there be a colon at the end
>> of "$h_subject:" ?

> Unless it's mandated by syntax, I prefer without.

>> Can you post the relevant transport and filter file (in any).

> vacation_reply:
> driver = autoreply
> file = ${home}/.vacation.msg
> file_expand
> log = ${home}/.vacation.log
> once = ${home}/.vacation.db
> once_repeat = 7d
> from = Autoreply System <mailer-daemon@???>
> to = "$sender_address"
> subject = "Re: $h_subject (autoreply)"

this is the culprit: you want something like

subject = "VACATION-RE: ${escape:${length_50:$header_subject:}}"

Also, be sure that the ${home} variable is set; if not, you'll
end up with errors "/.vacation.msg file does not exist".

> text = "\
> Dear $h_from\n\n\

is the colon here not mandatory? ie $h_from: ? According to
the spec docs, it is.

> This is an automatic reply. Feel free to send additional\n\
> mail, as only this one notice will be generated. The following\n\
> is a prerecorded message, sent for ${local_part}@???:\n\
> ====================================================\n\n\
> "

> I didn't write this myself, I just used bits and pieces I saw in the
> examples that are bundled together on the ftp site.

(...)

That should solve your problem.

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???