Re: [Exim] Alias Files

Author: Christian Froemmel
To: Sujit Choudhury
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Alias Files
Hi,

> Also if I use /etc/aliases file or something like that will it work?
> I would appreciate any input on this.

Here we have a quite similar setup. On the main-server we do the
virus-checking, doing all the relay-stuff for small internal servers and a
large alias-file for the staff. When an account or name is listed in the
alias-file it is "rewritten" to a real-account on another server
(transparent for the user). if it is not listed in the alias-file an
error-msg ist bounced back.

Students have a "subdomain.ourdmain.de"-Address so they have to pass the
relay without any chance of local-delivery.

regards Christian Froemmel

--
Mailadministrator of the Clinic of Medicine "Benjamin Franklin" Berlin.
Phone +49/30/8445-3359 / Fax +49/30/8445-4102