Re: [Exim] over-quota delivery failure text

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jonnie, Gavin Sherry
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] over-quota delivery failure text
On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Jonnie wrote:

> I'm probably being stoopid but I've looked in the FM but I can't find how to set the
> over-quota delivery failure text
>
> to anything other than
>
>   juser@???
>              mailbox is full (MTA-imposed quota exceeded while writing to file
>              /exposed/path/to/mailbox):

> Can anyone help - or point me to the right place in the manual

I take it that your worry is /exposed/path/to/mailbox. I'll see if I can
do something about this for Exim 4. I suppose ideally you want
"internal" error messages (for logging) and "external" ones for putting
in bounces, but it seems a lot of effort to duplicated everything.

Currently you can tailor bounce messages, using errmsg_text and
errmsg_file, but you can't change this aspect of them.

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Gavin Sherry wrote:

> spec.txt:
>
> quota_warn_message              Type: string*              Default: see
> below

>     See below for the use of this option. If it is not set when
>     "quota_warn_threshold" is set, it defaults to

That option is for sending warning messages to *recipients* when their
mailboxes are filling up, not for the bounce message on hitting a full
mailbox.

> Seems clear enough.

Perhaps not... :-)