Re: [Exim] Handle only some addresses in a domain?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Joe Frost
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Handle only some addresses in a domain?
On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Joe Frost wrote:

> I would like my server to be the second choice in the MX records for
> partialdomain.com in case the first choice fails but I would like the
> following to happen:
>
> Message received for joe.bloggs@???
>
> EXIM checks to see if joe.bloggs@??? is local
>
> If yes then deliver locally
>
> If no then rewrite joe.bloggs@??? to be
> joe.bloggs@??? and attempt to deliver which
> should result in the message being accepted by othersite's ISP's
> fallback server or queued on my server for later delivery.

There are probably several ways to do this. One possibility is to use a
rewrite rule for envelope recipients that does a lookup in the
replacement to check a list of recipients, and if found, does the
rewrite. However, you can't use that to check "is joe.bloggs an account
on this host?". To do that you need to use a localuser director. Then,
for addresses that fall out the bottom of your directors as
"undeliverable", you could add an extra smartuser director that checks the
domain, and uses new_address to rewrite the address.