Re: [Exim] Handle only some addresses in a domain?

Author: Joe Frost
New-Topics: [Exim] Accept only addresses in LDAP database
Subject: Re: [Exim] Handle only some addresses in a domain?
> > special_local:
> >             driver = domainlist
> >             condition = ${lookup ldap\
> >                       ldap:///dc=mydomain,dc=com?sn?sub?(uid=$local_part@*)}\
> >                       {yes}{no}}
> >             domains = partialdomain.com
> >             route_list = * localhost byname
> >             self = local

> > Work okay, assuming that the LDAP query is correct?
>
> If the domain in the address is partialdomain.com and the condition
> expansion yields "yes", then this router would pass the address to the
> directors. You must then arrange that your directors deal with it as you
> wish.
>
> [There's a { missing before ldap: in your setting.]

Thanks, I found it in the end :o)

The router is now working but I have a follow on question:

I would like my server to be the second choice in the MX records for
partialdomain.com in case the first choice fails but I would like the
following to happen:

Message received for joe.bloggs@???

EXIM checks to see if joe.bloggs@??? is local

If yes then deliver locally

If no then rewrite joe.bloggs@??? to be
joe.bloggs@??? and attempt to deliver which
should result in the message being accepted by othersite's ISP's
fallback server or queued on my server for later delivery.

I assume that I would have to add partialdomain.com to the list of
domains to accept a delivery for as well as set up a re-write rule, but
if I didi that, would my router as detailed above still function
correctly?

Thanks for your help with this, best regards,

Joe