Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH and relay

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Lars Bausch
CC: Suresh Ramasubramanian, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH and relay
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Lars Bausch wrote:

> Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> >
> > Lars Bausch rearranged electrons thusly:
> >
> > > How can I setup, that special domains (readen from a file....) relay's
> > > via my relayer and do a smtp auth / pop after smtp ?
> > > Where can I find some howto's ??
> >
> > Put something like
> >
> > fetchmail&
> > /usr/exim/bin/exim -qff -v&
> >
> > in ip-up.local (or whatever is executed in /etc/ppp as soon as you dial out, in
> > your distro)
> >
> No chance. I am dialing in with a cisco router, so I don't have any such
> a script...

Ok, then put it in a crontab, at whatever interval you want to process
the queue.. fetchmail will do a POP (you have to configure it
appropriately). exim -qff will tell exim to send mail.. that would
accomplish pop before smtp..

If instead you want to use SMTP auth (you should only need to do one -
an ISP that REQUIRES both is insane), read the exim documentation for
SMTP AUTH as a client.. You'll have to provide it with the ID and
password you got from your provider to AUTH with..