Re: [Exim] Domain, server consolidation help.

Página Inicial
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Elliot Finley
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Domain, server consolidation help.

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Elliot Finley wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>      I have several domains, each at their own location, on their own
> box.  I'm consolidating all of them to the same box.  I won't be able
> to switch all of the users in each domain at the same time because of
> the fact that we will also be changing a lot of other stuff (dialin
> numbers, etc).

>      The only solution that I can think of so that nobody loses mail
> is to have the MX record point to the old box.  And as we move each
> user to the new box, have some way of forwarding that user's mail to
> the new box.  Then when all users for that domain have been moved,
> change the MX record to point to the new box.

>      The users will not have user accounts on the new box.  It will be
> a full virtual system.

>      The only thing I haven't figured out, is how to forward each
> individual's mail from the old box to the new one (the old and new box
> will be the same domain).

Assuming 'domain.com', I'm hoping you don't actually call the box
'domain.com', but something like 'servername.domain.com'

If that is correct, call the new box 'newserver.domain.com' (the actual
name doesnt matter)..

Setup an MX record for 'newserver.domain.com', pointing at
'newserver.domain.com'. Use .forward file on the old box to send mail
for users that have moved to 'user@???' - this wont
change the To: header, so it should be transparent for users.