Re: [Exim] Connection hangs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Thorkild Stray
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Connection hangs
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

>> What does exim do before kicking another exim into action?
>Very little! That's the whole point. The daemon gets rid of it quickly.
>However, the new Exim does some checks before responding.

Yes. What seems to trigger the event is when using the
smtp_accept_max_per_host.

The problem when not using smtp_accept_max_per_host is that sites like for
example Yahoo (with qmail) suddenly occupies quite a few of my
connections.

Any ideas? Has anything changed in 3.22 when it comes to this?

>Suggest you run your port 25 Exim in debugging mode for a test. See
>where it is hanging. (This may produce confusing output if the system is
>busy, unfortunately.)

Sadly, it seems quite hard to do. It's getting too much traffic.

Now, the machine has load, and I don't expect exim to do well under 1100
in load (hit that one yesterday when testing), but it seems extra slow.

--
Thorkild