Re: [Exim] Emulate Sendmails Virtual Domain

Autor: Bart van Dommelen
A: Philip Hazel, Exim-Users@Exim. Org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Emulate Sendmails Virtual Domain
Hi,

Just having a book about Sendmail in reach, perhaps I can add
something about virtual domains in sendmail. First, I can't find
'virtual domains', but I think 'virtusertable' is meant (sendmail 8.9.3-
21).

This is a sample for a virtusertable file:

@smallorg.org                mailbox@???
@anotherorg.org            %1@???
webmaster@???    rich@???

What happens?

In line 1 all mail destined for smallorg.org is redirected to a single
mailbox called mailbox@???.

Line 2 is redirecting messages from one to another. Note: the token
'%1' variable is used as a token to replicate the username is the
first address.

Line 3 is an example of redicting a single user mailbox to another
location.

I hope this will help some.