RE: [Exim] Filter and Cyrus Deliver

Author: Bernard Stern
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Filter and Cyrus Deliver
On Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:50:16 +0100 Lars Mainka wrote:

> Hi everybody,

> i saw this question in the mailinglist archive, but the answer on the
> following question won't work for me, cause the explanation "cyrus needs a
> diffenrent setup for pipe filter" didn't help me.

I guess so, but it's nonetheless exactly what you want.
You need to add

prefix =

to your pipe transport handling the cyrus deliver command. For details,
check the prefix option in 18.4 of the exim spec, and the full cyrus
example in 18.5.

(...)

> The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

> ------ pipe to |/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -a lmnk -m user.lmnk.Mailings.Test
>        generated by lmnk@???
>        (ultimately generated from me@???) ------

> user.lmnk.Mailings.Test: Message contains invalid header

Cyrus doesn't expect the

From blablabla

line (which is added as a default prefix), it expects RFC-822
headers. That should solve your problem.

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???