Re: [Exim] "senders= :" in router not recognizing mail bounc…

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: Exim List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] "senders= :" in router not recognizing mail bounced by user filter?
From: "Philip Hazel" <ph10@???>

> Oh, I see what's going on. When an unprivileged user sends a message
> using -f <> to set the envelope sender (which is what is happening as a
> result of the mail filter running an autoreply), the check on "senders"
> still checks the real sender of the message, namely the user, not the
> envelope sender.
>
> This makes some sense - it means that, for messages submitted by
> unprivileged local users, you can do checks on the senders, whatever is
> placed in the envelope.
>
> Since, I understand, you are using this on a personal system without
> other users, you can get round this by making yourself a trusted user.
> See the trusted_users option.

Yes, that solved the problem. It's an acceptable hack for my
machine, for exactly the reason you suggest (actually, I do
serve mail for a small number of friends and family members,
but the account in question was one of my own, and its
password is disabled -- I can only log in to that account by
su'ing from root).

Could the "condition" router option be used to check the
actual envelope From rather than the sender?

Thanks again for the quick help.

- Marc