Fw: [Exim] local-part?

Autor: Gavin Dunne
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Fw: [Exim] local-part?
Alright, I did some troubleshooting and discovered a few things.

I removed the mysql query from the local domains list and reverted
back to my old flat file list, and now sending to the outside world
is once again possible, which tells me that exim thought *all* domains
were local before.... which means the query failed I guess....

local_domains =    boomboom.hitmenmusic.com :\
                             mysql;SELECT domain_name FROM domain

this the query I was using for local domains, and since it screwed up
here i guess the samething screwed later in my conf file as well.

e.g.
domains = "! mysql;SELECT domain_name FROM domain : *"

So if anyone knows what I should change this query, please tell
me :)

I also noticed on the mail list archive people using this:

local_domains = mysql;SELECT domain FROM domains
                                        WHERE domain = '$key'

Now this doesn't make sense to me, but I am a newbie to exim
so any clarification is appreciated...

> On 2001-02-24 at 16:57 -0330, Gavin Dunne gifted us with:
> > I am having a problem where only email destined to my virtual accouts is
> > getting through...
>
> > If I try to send to the outsied world or a local system account I get

this
> > error:
>
> So the same error for both suggests that the same rule is being used for
> both.
>
> > boomboom# ./bin/exim -v -bt gdunne@???
> > gdunne@??? is undeliverable:
> > unknown local-part "gdunne" in domain "whatever.com"
>
> That should not apply to remote hosts, since the routers don't care
> about the left-hand side. So "whatever.com" is being treated as local.
>
> And then you're not handling the left-hand side in any of your
> directors, so it's failing.
>
> > local_domains = boomboom.hitmenmusic.com : mysql;SELECT domain_name FROM
> > domain
>
> Debug that SQL command. Use a command-line tool and issue that command,
> "SELECT domain_name FROM domain". See what's returned. Look for
> entries which aren't purely text. Look for empty entries. Just ...
> look for anything which doesn't absolutely match one domain.
>
> > virtual_localdelivery:
> > driver = appendfile
> > file = ${lookup mysql{select path from domain where domain_name =
> > '$domain'}{$value}fail}/${lookup mysql{select mbox_name from popbox

where